We are delighted to be able to inform parents that as part of the new catering provision, we are now able to offer parents the facility to order meals and make meal choices in advance for their children. We were told initially that this facility was not compatible with the system we use at St Lawrence, but after some work behind the scenes a solution was found to make this possible, which is great news.
We are therefore able to give you the following information about menu choices, and how to order your child’s preferred option. Please see the attached for full details, but the bullet points are:
- Parents can use the website to pre-order lunches for their children and to choose an option at: www.feedinghungryminds.co.uk
- Orders can be placed for the whole term in advance
- Orders can be made for individual days so your child can have a school meal whenever they like
There is also the option of allowing your child to choose their own option using the whiteboards in the classrooms, which will be teacher directed. This option would be more suitable for the upper school children, but it is parental choice to decide if this is suitable for your child.
- Photographs of the meals are displayed to help children make their choice
- If you allow your child to choose at school, you can view what your child has selected from home
- Children who have a special diet will confirm their attendance, but not choose their food as it will have been pre-chosen for them
- If you have pre-ordered your child a meal but they do not attend school for any reason, such as illness or a medical appointment, you will need to cancel your order to avoid paying for a meal not required
The hope is that every parent will log into the website and register, even if your child currently has a packed lunch or receives a free meal. If you are registered you will have the opportunity to make last minute changes from home without having to get a message to school. If you are not able to log onto the website for any reason, or don’t get the opportunity to do so, don’t worry, your child will still be able to order and choose a meal for themselves with help from their teacher. If your child usually has a school meal we will assume they are still having a school meal in the summer term unless you have told us otherwise.
You can log onto https://www.scopay.com/stlawrence-pri?redirect=true the same way as before to pay online. However, please note that you will not be able to use the Scopay site until the 7th April onwards, due to an upgrade on their system taking place. Cheques should be made out to ISS Mediclean Ltd.
Children in KS1 will continue to receive free government funded meals. However, we would strongly encourage parents of KS1 children to log onto the website to talk about the upcoming menu with their child and to help them choose the most suitable option.
We would also like to inform parents that if they need help navigating their way around the website, logging in, making payments, or any other issues, the ISS helpline will be open throughout the Easter holidays to answer any queries. This should ensure we are all ready for the first day back to school on the 17th April.
This helpline should be the first port of call for any query rather than the school office.
Help line number: 01924 792334
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org